Saturday 20 July 2013

Wedding Phoy Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy Biogarphy

Source(google.com.pk)
Bridal Dress History, Tremont, and Cribbage
July 17, 2012 by KTOinCLE | 3 Comments
What do all three of these have in common? They were all a part of my Sunday Funday last weekend!
With grad school in motion and work being busy as ever I managed to carve out some family time Sunday afternoon. My Grandmother (Grams), my mom, and I met up in University Circle. The Western Reserve Historical Society is hosting an exhibit Tying the Knot: Cleveland Wedding Fashions, 1830-1980. The exhibit was gorgeous (as expected) and it was fun to see how the fashion trends ebbed and flowed over the decades. Some were more modest, others more decadent. I couldn’t believe how tiny their waists were 100 years ago. Even with a corset I think I’d be twice as big around! There were also shoes, undergarments, and night gowns on display.
1946 Wedding DressThe boots I loved!
Also at WRHS, the Hay-Mckinney House was open for tour. We were just in time for the 12:30. I wish I would’ve noted our tour guides name! She was very accommodating and her passion for the house and the rooms was contagious. The Hay-McKinney Mansion (it’s not a “house,” let’s be honest) was constructed in 1908. Designed by Abram Garfield, President Garfield’s youngest son, the mansion was completed in 1911. Clara Hay never moved in and the McKinney family acquired the house in 1916 as their townhome. Each of the rooms is lavishly furnished with donations from Greater Cleveland families. I loved visualizing how many design trends that have been back in-style just in my lifetime.
The best part of going to the WRHS was experiencing it with Grams. It’s crazy to realize she’s seen and even remembers everything from the late 1930’s and on. Her and my mom were each able to pick out the style of their dresses. I think my mom’s kind of looked like Princess Diana’s. The dollhouse there was identical to the one that was my grandma’s, that my mom played with, and even I spent plenty of quality time with it. We parted ways sans lunch because there’s nowhere to eat there!
My timing was impeccable, as I left University Circle to head back West, Boyface was just getting home from golf. Taste of Tremont would be the perfect late lunch, early dinner affair. We didn’t stay for long the year before, it was so hot, and so unbearably crowded. Scattered storms took care of the crowd, but they didn’t correct the unbelievably hot.
Our first stop was Sokolowski’s stand for some cabbage & noodles and pierogis. The cabbage and noodles I found to be a little underwhelming but the pierogi, oh-my-goodness good. We sauntered around, people and puppy watching. We stopped for mint lemonade at Lolita which was exquisite. I always think I don’t like mint in my drinks, but when it’s there, I love it so much!
I really don’t think I can visit Tremont anymore without stopping at A Cookie & a Cupcake. The Salted Caramel Cupcakes are out of this world. When we got in the door there were only three left and about six people in line. I crossed my fingers, Nick suggested we let “the powers of the universe decide,” I say forget that, I want my favorite cupcake! Get my cupcake I did and we paused to sit at the cute, carved metal table just outside to devour our booty.
Salted Caramel and Their SignatureJust me and my cupcake.Boyface with his!
Last stop at Taste of Tremont was Dante. We ran in for a couple of drinks, a taste of pasta, and a sushi roll. As usual the sushi was melt in your mouth good. The sauce on the pasta was delicious. My favorite part of the stop was my drink though. I had a Blackberry Collins and it hit the spot. Blackberry in my drinks is totally my thing right now. The best drink I’ve ever heard was a Blackberry Stiletto Martini from Flemming’s.
The Blackberry Collins from Dante
The rest of the evening was filled with getting ready for the week but we did have time to play a game of cribbage out on the balcony. I actually won! It was the first time I won since we started keeping tally’s on the back of the board like my Gram and Grandpa used to do.

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

Wedding Phoy  Wallpaper Photos Pictures Pics Images 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment